Mission of OLLI
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Auburn University (OLLI at Auburn) provides academic, not for credit programming for adults 50 years and beyond. Members of OLLI at Auburn participate in a variety of activities including academic courses, social activities, special lectures and workshops, and events at Auburn University and in Montgomery at AUM. As a member led, member driven organization, OLLI members participate in leadership and service through an Advisory Council and Committees.
News & Announcements
Summer 2018 Term
- Media Savvy and Book Smart: AU Libraray Orientation | May 15, 17, 22 | 4:50 - 6:00 pm | RBD Library
- Writing Our Lives Sampler | June 5, 26, July 31 | 9:30 - 11:00 am | Pebble Hill
- Yoga Sampler | July 10 | 9:30 - 11:00 am | Pebble Hill
Email email@example.com to register
Brown Bag Lecture Sessions:
- June 5: Authors of Cotton Fields and A Planting Season, Doris E. Cotton and Ford McMurty
- June 26: Michael Mason presents on Alabama Geology
- July 10: Stacie Money presents Real Life Literacy in Our Community
- July 31: Bill Wilson presents A Survival Guide for Widows and Widowers
All Brown Bag lectures are held from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm at Pebble Hill. Bring a friend, a lunch, and a drink and join the conversation!
Media Savvy and Book Smart: Auburn University Library Orientation
Claudine Jenda, instructor; Ralph Brown Draughon Library, Second Floor Wireless Computer Lab. Three meetings: Tuesday, May 15, 17, 22, 4:30 – 6 p.m. Space is limited. Learn how to find books using the library's catalog and find magazine and newspaper articles using the Alabama Virtual Library (AVL). You will better understand how the library is organized and what services are open to OLLI members. Library instructors include: Barbara Bishop, Communication and Journalism Librarian; Jaena Alabi, English Language and Literature Librarian; and Claudine Jenda.
Agriculture Librarian. Please obtain your OLLI/AU library card prior to the start of the course.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
TEACH FOR OLLI!
Course proposals for all terms are being accepted NOW.
Deadline to submit a course proposal for Fall 2018 term is June 25, 2018.
- Fall 2018 term: September 24 - November 15
- Winter 2019 term: January 28 - March 14, 2019
- Spring 2019 term: April 8 - May 16, 2019
Last Updated: May 18, 2018