Fall 2016 academic term begins September 12 with the General Membership Meeting. Fall 2016 term classes begin September 19.
Barbasol Tournament Volunteers Needed:
- Anyone who is interested in working at the golf tournament can register for one of the volunteer spots still available for the second annual Barbasol Championship, a PGA Tour event that will be July 11-17 at Opelika’s Grand National Lake Course on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
- Volunteers normally have to pay a $50 registration fee that includes a Dri-Fit polo shirt, a Dri-Fit ball cap, meals provided on the day they work, a credential that provides access to the tournament and a transferrable voucher for a round of golf at Grand National, according to Selina Maddox, volunteer coordinator for the tournament.
- OLLI members get a price break…registration fee is $35 instead of $50. Simply use the code word “olli” in lower case letters and without the quotation marks to get the price break when you register.
- A majority of the volunteers will work Wednesday through Sunday. For most committees, we have a morning and evening shift. The morning shift starts around 6:30 a.m. to probably about 12 p.m., and then the afternoon shift is from 12 p.m. to about 5 p.m.
- Two days of practice rounds on July 11 and 12 and the “pro-am” event occurs on July 13..
- The official tournament begins July 14 and will be televised live on The Golf Channel. The final round is slated for Sunday, July 17. The tournament field will include 132 golfers. The golfers will compete for a $3.5 million purse and 300 FedEx Cup points.
- We hope the tournament will continue to grow since it has a good economic impact on the area. So, come out and support the community whether it’s by volunteering or coming out and attending the event. It’s great exposure for the Opelika-Auburn area.” Tickets for general admission will cost $20….remember that there is no charge for admission to the tournament for volunteers.
- People can register to volunteer or purchase tickets at www.barbasolchampionship.com
- If you have any questions, contact Frenchy Fortin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 503-7325.
The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI Team Up - Join AAA at a Special Rate: The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI are partnering to offer discounted memberships to each group. The association will be offering the following rates for OLLI members: $425 for an individual life membership, $587 for a joint life membership, $40 for an annual individual membership, and $55 for a joint annual membership. When you become a member, you’ll receive quarterly issues of Auburn Magazine, free entry into the Alumni Hospitality Tent on home game days, and many nationwide and local discounts (www.aualum.org/benefits). To join the Auburn Alumni Association with these discounted rates, please call the Membership Department at (334) 844-2960. War Eagle!
Last Updated: May 19, 2016