OLLI at Auburn Members in OA News
OLLI members Annie Clark-Gates and Harold and Debbie Bruner are featured in an article on the front page of the Sunday, October 19, Opelika-Auburn News. Learn more about Annie, Debbie and Harold and their love for Auburn and lifelong learning. Visit this link to review the story with photos.: bit.ly/1vBF82m
In conjunction with the Auburn Department of Political Science and College of Liberal Arts, an upcoming event called the “Forum on World Affairs: A Discussion on the U.S. Role in a Changing World” will be held at the Auburn University Hotel & Dixon Conference Center Auditorium on Friday, October 24 from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Forum panelists will include Auburn graduate Admiral Michael S. Rogers, ’81, Commander of the U.S. Cyber Command and Director of the National Security Agency and Senator Jeff Sessions, United States Senator from Alabama and Senior Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. Moderating the forum will be Lt. General Ronald L. Burgess (Ret.), Senior Counsel for National Security Programs, Cyber Programs and Military Affairs at Auburn University.
Topics of discussion will include the following:
- Balance of Diplomacy and Military Force in Global Crisis
- Military Restructuring and Budget Constraints
- Role of NSA, ISIS Threat, and U.S. Response to Middle East Situation
The event is free and open to the public. Click here to see the flyer.
- Study Trip to South Africa - Join us this Wednesday, October 15, at noon in Ballroom CD of the Clarion Inn to learn more about a study abroad trip to South Africa. OLLI members and their friends are welcome to attend. Bring your own lunch for this hour-long presentation. Click here to see the flyer.
- Auburn University Architectural Walking Tour with AU Industrial Design Professor and Department Chair Clark Lundell, Wednesday, October 15, 5 p.m. See flyer here.
- OLLI Writing Seminar 2014 registration form
- The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI Team Up -
Join AAA at a Special Rate: The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI are partnering to offer discounted memberships to each group. The association will be
offering the following rates for OLLI members: $425 for an individual life membership, $587 for a joint life membership, $40 for an annual individual membership, and $55 for a joint annual membership. When you become a member, you’ll receive quarterly issues of Auburn Magazine, free entry into the Alumni Hospitality Tent on home game days, and many nationwide and local discounts (www.aualum.org/benefits). To join the
Auburn Alumni Association with these discounted rates, please call the
Membership Department at (334) 844-2960. War Eagle!
- All-Star Fridays Lecture Series: Time: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Fridays before each home football game. Location: hosted by the Auburn Alumni Association in the Goodwin Room or Atrium. Hosted in partnership with Auburn Alumni Association, Auburn Athletics, OCM, and OLLI at Auburn. The Moulthrop lecture is also sponsored by the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art. The War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen will lead a walking campus tour after each lecture. October 24, Craig Darch & Rosen speaking about "True Blue" and book signing; November 8, Project Serve speaking about "Military Appreciation"; November 22, Michelle McKenna-Doyle, NFL, speaking about "Youth Day."
Last Updated: October 16, 2014