- No OLLI Classes November 3 – 7; all classes resume November 10.
Auburn Connects! Common Book Program – William Kamkwamba, co-author with Bryan Mealer of Auburn University's 2014-15 Common Book, "The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope," will give a public talk about his book and life Wednesday, Nov. 5, at 7 p.m. in Foy Hall Auditorium. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session and a book signing following the author's presentation.For more information about Auburn Connects! Common Book Program and the new selection, go to http://www.auburn.edu/auburnconnects/.
- OLLI Singles Social is scheduled for Thursday, November 6, at the Jule Collins Smith Museum. Join us at 5 p.m. to view the film Good Ol’ Freda and meet Beatles longtime secretary Freda Kelly. At 6 p.m. listen to jazz music and purchase a tapas plate from the Museum Café. Enjoy a tour of the museum and spend time with your OLLI friends! Click here to see the flyer.
- 50 Children: Lawyers, Refugees, and the Rescue of Jews in Nazi Germany, and the Film: Special Mini-course
- Session I: Lawyers - Clifton Perry. Wednesday, November 12, noon
- Session II: Refugees and the Rescue of Jews in Nazi Germany - Paul Harris. Wednesday, November 19, noon
- Session III: 50 Children Documentary. Showings at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
All sessions of the 50 Children mini course are held in Ballroom CD at the Clarion Inn & Suites
- OLLI Holiday Social Reservations are now being accepted. The social is Wednesday, December 3, at Saugahatchee Country Club, 11:30 am – 1:30 p.m. Cost is $18 and features a delicious menu, music by AU A Cappella Singers, table decorations by OLLI members, and much more! Click here to see the flyer.
- SHIP Open Enrollement: November 12, 8 am - 12 noon, Gardenia Room. Alabama SHIP is your trusted source for free confidential counseling, education, and assistance for all your Medicare health insurance needs. Open Enrollment for Medicare is October 15 - December 7 and SHIP can help you determine which Medicare Advantage Plan or Prescription Drug plan best fits your needs. You will need all insurance cards and a list of all medications to find the best plan. You can contact Amber Bean - SHIP Coodinator: (334) 749-5264 or 1-800-243-5463. Click here to see the flyer.
- OLLI at Auburn Members in OA News
OLLI members Annie Clark-Gates and Harold and Debbie Bruner are featured in an article on the front page of the Sunday, October 19, Opelika-Auburn News. Learn more about Annie, Debbie and Harold and their love for Auburn and lifelong learning. Visit this link to review the story with photos.: bit.ly/1vBF82m
- The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI Team Up -
Join AAA at a Special Rate: The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI are partnering to offer discounted memberships to each group. The association will be
offering the following rates for OLLI members: $425 for an individual life membership, $587 for a joint life membership, $40 for an annual individual membership, and $55 for a joint annual membership. When you become a member, you’ll receive quarterly issues of Auburn Magazine, free entry into the Alumni Hospitality Tent on home game days, and many nationwide and local discounts (www.aualum.org/benefits). To join the
Auburn Alumni Association with these discounted rates, please call the
Membership Department at (334) 844-2960. War Eagle!
- All-Star Fridays Lecture Series: Time: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Fridays before each home football game. Location: hosted by the Auburn Alumni Association in the Goodwin Room or Atrium. Hosted in partnership with Auburn Alumni Association, Auburn Athletics, OCM, and OLLI at Auburn. The War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen will lead a walking campus tour after each lecture. November 8, Project Serve speaking about "Military Appreciation"; November 22, Michelle McKenna-Doyle, NFL, speaking about "Youth Day."
- Study Trip to South Africa - Click here to see the flyer.
Last Updated: October 30, 2014